Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Tartan meets the lovely Peach Nia



This is the 1st Kawaii Interview on Stay super kawaii,who I will be interveiwing Peach Nia a stunning lady with class and a huge love for animals.Please be gentle its my 1st ever Blog Interview!


*^__^*

''My name is Peach Nia
I live in the north of England with my lovely husband and furbabies.
 I am a huge animal lover, vegetarian and love to make things!

Being such a huge animal lover I loathe animal testing.

I try to educate people about this kindly, without the horror stories or upsetting images, instead through kindness, love and education.


Being a crafty gal I love the idea of creating our own cruelty free products and living as chemical free in our home as we can.I adore making things, all manner of things and all manner of crafts. 

I fell in love with all the japanese cuteness 10 years ago, the fake food with faces theme really captured me. 


My crafts developed so much that I finally had my own website called dollyday.co.uk selling my cute handmade jewellery of fake chocolates and cupcakes etc. I loved it. Sadly due to illness I had to close my site so now I tend to create for friends and family and recently make things for charity which I love.

I like to dip my toe in as many crafts and give them a whirl. 


I can sew, sculpt clay, use resin, crochet and knit although I am a begginer in the last two.Through my blog I also adore to promote other women and companies that really inspire me with their creations.''



Hello Peach,Thank you so much for being my 1st Kawaii person to interview!


*^_^*

 We would love to get to know you more can you tell us more about your furbabies?



I have three gorgeous moggies (Cuba, luna and Oreo)
I have two amazing Chihuahuas (Captain and Levi) They are my babies.
I don't have human children but I feel I have my furry kids and spoil them rotten!! 

They have taught me a lot about love, forgiveness and compassion and how to play!
They astound me, they have such a zest for life and endless love to give.
We can learn so very much from animals.






How do you do your part to help all animals and their charity's?


A portion of my Husband's wages each month go to our charity The Dog's Trust, a wonderful organisation that helps a great deal of dogs get rehomed. 
They never put a healthy dog down and I love the amazing work they do, the education they give out all for dog's health and happiness.


I give to the PDSA, which is a very special charity that helps people on low incomes with vet treatment for their animals. 
There are PDSA hospitals dotted around the country and all funded by donations, no government help, so it really is super important to help them. 
Without them the people on lower incomes could not afford to take their pets to the vets, so those animals would suffer, die or end up in a shelter, so it really is close to my heart to help them.
What I would like to do is create a line of goods (handmade) where all the profits made go to these charities I have mentioned and more animal charities. I would love to fundraise too. I have a few ideas. I'm just getting started.


In What  other ways can we do our bit to help animal Charity's?

I am a big advocator of using cruelty free products.
 I won't go into details but animals are tested on in such vile ways!
;~;
So I use natural ingredients in my home to clean it, like Vinegar, bicarbonate of soda etc. 
I make my own products many times.
I educate others about it on my blog and I support The Hadwen Trust, a very special trust that fights for humane non animal medical testing.
They do such fantastic work, really worth giving support to, if you care for animals.

Tell us, when did you start getting into crafting?

I sadly fell ill with Fibromyalgia a decade ago, so couldn't work. I have a very active mind so crafting was a pefect way to occupy my mind/hands and keep me out of mischeif!
Clay and felt were my first mediums. I made all fake food related items, like cupcakes, chocolates etc.

When was the 1st time you came across the word Kawaii and when did
 you fall in love with Kawaii fake faces with Kawaii expressions?

I first came accross it (the word kawaii ) about 9 years ago online, along with "sweet lolita" and "Japan" etc, I then found out all about the wondeful cuteness of Japan, with all the sweet "food with faces" fake food jewellery and sweetness of fashions, which at the time was a huge relief from all the over sexual images in popular culture.
 The sweet ruffles, cute smiles, knee high socks, it all was very "me" I fell in love with it all. I didn't want to look "sexy" I wanted to look "cute" It aligned with who I was perfectly.








Do you like any anime or anime films?

I love Anime! My favorite is Spirited Away...My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo. I have a lot of anime I am yet to see though!
I find the animation just beautiful, real eye candy and the stories are magical. They are a great way to escape into fantasy worlds. I just adore them.


Tell me what is your favourite Colour?

My most favorite colour is turquoise. I love it as a hair colour, in clothing, to look at I find it very calming.


Where do you see your self in the next 5 years?

In the next five years I would be thrilled if I had created a line of handmade goods for charity that sell well.
I would love to be doing very well with fundraising.
I would also love to be moved to Brighton by then too.
I would love to be illustrating by then.
Whatever I do and wherever I am in five years.
I and sure it will be where I am supposed to be.


Oh my you are going to be very busy then !
What would you like to achieve one day and what's you biggest Dream?

I have many dreams! I would love to be able to illustrate, be a graphic designer. 
My passionate dream is to really make a difference to animals somehow. 
I want to make a difference in the world! 


Peach you have so much passion for your animals,nothing makes me sad hearing about all those Kawaii animals have no voice to stand up to the abuse and treatment they have to go through.
TT_TT
So Lets give what we can to some charity's that Peach Nia Supports!
Links :

http://alovelylittledeer.blogspot.co.uk/

https://twitter.com/lovelylildeer

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dollyday/sets/72157624328803553/


http://www.pdsa.org.uk/


http://www.drhadwentrust.org/


http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/


http://www.leapingbunny.org/



Stay super Kawaii

Tartan
x